The aim of the NHSCT Macmillan Volunteer Service is to enhance patient experience by complementing existing services within the Northern Health and Social Care Trust. Could you get involved as a volunteer and help us to achieve this aim? We would love your help to shape the future of cancer care in the Trust.
People volunteer for all sorts of reasons. Some reasons for volunteering with us could be to:
- Make a real difference to people living with cancer, and haematological conditions
- Learn new skills and maximise your employment opportunities
- Help to shape the volunteering service
- Give something back
- Have fun!!
No matter what your motivation for volunteering is, we are committed to ensuring that you get the most out of your time with us. We will provide you with full training, supervision and the support you need.
Ways you can volunteer
There are many ways that volunteers can help and we are always looking for new opportunities for our volunteers.
Volunteering at the Macmillan Palliative Care Unit, Antrim Area Hospital
Current roles available within the Macmillan Unit team include:
- Meet and Greeters
- Complementary therapists
- Nail technicians
- Life story recording
- Ward companions
- Mealtime companions
- Beauty therapists
If you would be interested in Volunteering in the Macmillan Palliative Care Unit, please contact Elma McCracken (Macmillan Volunteer Co-ordinator) email@example.com / 028 9442 4394 ext 336531.
Volunteering within the Macmillan Information and Support Service, Antrim Area Hospital and Causeway Hospital
We are currently looking for volunteers to join the team with our Macmillan Information and Support Service. The different roles which we are currently offering include:
- Arranging information displays around the hospital sites
- Keeping information stands throughout the hospital well stocked with updated with information
- Assisting patients in accessing information they require
- Attendance at health fairs within the community
If you would be interested in volunteering within the Macmillan Information and Support Service, please contact the Information and Support Manager on 028 9442 4000 ext 333079 or mobile on 077 9584 5435.