The Northern Trust is hosting a Health & Wellbeing event entitled “Living with and Beyond Gynae Cancer” on Friday 31st May 2019, 9.45am – 1.10pm, in the Rosspark Hotel, 20 Doagh Road, Kells, Ballymena BT42 3LZ. This event is designed for patients who have completed or are still receiving treatment for gynae cancer, and who would like more information on how to move on after a diagnosis. The event provides a range of health and wellbeing advice for patients in the Northern Trust area and features expert speakers covering the following subjects:
- What should I look out for?
- Managing the late effects of treatment
- Understanding HRT / Family Genetics
- Looking after yourself – managing stress and anxiety
- Coping with fatigue
- Eating well
- Exercise after gynae cancer
The event will also include a real story from someone who has been on a similar journey to yours.
There will be a tea / coffee break when you will have the opportunity to chat to the health professionals and others with cancer and their families.
There will also be time to visit information stands with local information about the following:
- Fitness / physical activity
- Benefits / financial advice
- Macmillan Information & Support service
- Cancer Focus NI
- Action Cancer
- Target Ovarian Cancer
- Jo’s Trust
- Rosie’s Trust
- Boots pharmacy / beauty advice
For more information or to register for a place contact the NHSCT Macmillan Information and Support Service on 028 9442 4000 ext 333079 / 334046 or email CancerInformation@northerntrust.hscni.net